(& Moving On ?)
- Burnout and mental health challenge was already at a crisis level pre-pandemic…
- 91% of physicians report burnout at some point during their career; suicide rates more than double that of the general population (1, 2)
- 51% of people report worse mental health at work since COVID-19 started and 30% of employees report being fearful that disclosure of mental health could lead to being fired or furloughed (3)
- Nearly half say they are considering quitting their jobs (4)
Health & Resiliency
Yoga is an integrative systemic approach to health that uses the mind to effect changes in the body and vice versa. Therapeutic applications of yoga address the full biopsychosocial spectrum: the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of the person. Research points to “clear physiological, psychological and philosophical reasons for yoga’s efficacy in promoting mental wellbeing and enhanced resiliency. Our 12-week program incorporates mindful movement, breath practices, relaxation, meditation, and awareness/insight development using yoga philosophy. Each session includes a theme aimed at building resilience and inner awareness/ insight.
Stress & Burnout
Even during training, medical students and healthcare professionals must cope with heavy workloads and high stress levels in a competitive environment, High levels of work-related stress are associated with reduced productivity and with work absence. Ongoing high stress facilitates the onset of burnout. In contrast, employees with a sense of well-being are more likely to be engaged in their work, productive, and can respond effectively to change and increased demands. According to the NIH, yoga helps manage stress, improves resilience and mental well being, promotes healthy eating and activity habits, encourages better sleeping habits, and increases balance. Our therapeutic yoga program lowers stress and burnout and increases well-being.
- Feel more in control, create more ease - mentally, physically, emotionally
- 6 week online program for healthcare professionals aimed at helping to lower stress and burnout & enhance mental health & resiliency.
Bring Yoga Therapy Well-being Programs to Your Organizations
Developed in collaboration with our healthcare system partners, our tailored yoga therapy program address your orgnizational needs. Bookended by research, we report on measurable outcomes against your objectives. Delivered by qualified yoga therapists; safely delivered, effective outcomes.
Hear the Results from Our Study
In late 2021, we're running a pilot of our program with 300 healthcare employees at a major US healthcare system. We're delivering the program online and testing adherence, employee satisfaction and effectiveness of the protocol Research will look at the impact the program has on employee resilience, stress, burnout and turnover intention. Register if you'd like to hear the findings
Experience the Program for Yourself!
Three YBH yoga therapists will be offering a sample of our Yoga Therapy Well-being program at the upcoming Global Yoga Therapy Day. Join us at 1pm EST each day of the conference - complimentary access for healthcare professionals. Experience the program for yourself in their Community Sessions or visit our Exhibitor Booth learn more about YBH program launching in September.