Global Discussion Forum: How I Got Yoga Therapy Into This Healthcare System
In this global discussion, five yoga therapists who have worked in the US, Australia and India share their personal key learnings, challenges and successes in integrating yoga therapy into healthcare.
On July 29th 2021, the topic of discussion: ‘How I got Yoga Therapy into this Healthcare System’ was moderated by Ann Marie Johnston, Director Yoga for Better Health & Founder Global Yoga Therapy Day.
Yoga therapists were invited to come and listen and, if they wished, join in the discussion. Those that chose to share are listed below:
- Susan Kilda (INOVA),
- Tina Paul (Memorial Sloan Kettering),
- Kendra Boone (Social prescribing AUS),
- Vicki Oliver (RN & Yoga Therapist – Australia for a small regional community) and
- Heena Bhat (Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist)
What we heard?
You need to be a squeaky wheel, follow the funding, make smart connections, gain their buy in through experiences, speak their language, share the evidence base
Enjoy the Replay – Available freely for 7 days!
Links for Follow Up Study:
- How to Discern the Research
- Shared by Steffany Moonaz (Free, short 10 min overview)
- Webinar with Steffany Moonaz, Pamela Jeter and Laura Schmalz
- Research Study by Groessl referenced: Cost-effectiveness of Yoga for Chronic Low Back Pain in Veterans
- The Principles & Practices of Yoga in Health Care
- Handspring is a GYT Conference Exhibitor - Save 20% at the Conference on their books!
- Global Yoga Therapy Conference
- Aug 13-15 2021: 108 Presenters focused on Integrating Yoga Therapy into Healthcare | Mental Health | Chronic Pain | COVID
- Yoga for Better Health Yoga Therapy Well-being Programs for Healthcare Professionals